Last update: January-31-2019
Fridays the bar’s stairs become a stage where dancers perform a variety of shows that change in theme, costume and routine.
Groups of four or more women to enjoy a complimentary bottle of Bottega Sparkling Rosé
Chill SkyBar Happy Hour Details Type of Happy Hour:
Regular cocktails are 88,000 VND, Signature cocktails ~150,000 VND, long drinks (vodka, gin, tequila, whiskey, rum) 88,000 VND, beer ~100k, wine 88,000vnd (Chardonay, MErlot)
View happy hour menu
Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
- centrally located
- great location
- indoor/outdoor style
26 floors atop the AB Tower Chill Skybar has some of the best views of Saigon and is one of the city’s most popular party places. It’s usually voted one of the best bars in Saigon as well as one of its major high-end night spots. On a clear day the sunsets can be stunning and for a romantic escape the night view along one of the small edge tables is the ultimate date spot. The Chill vibe attracts businessmen, Saigon’s glitterati, party-goers, socialites and tourists. And while some find Chill Skybar overpriced, pretentious, and non-authentic, others see the view, the music and the “beautiful” people to be well worth the price.
The cocktails are definitely priced high for Vietnam, even for rooftop bars, but of good quality and visually appealing. For the best deal the Happy Hour menu is about half price. The music is known to start with down tempo and chill out and picks up later with hip hop, dance and house; live shows and performers most weekends.
There’s also an indoor lounge and dance floor to accompany the outdoor bar and party space., and above is the dining area, Chill Dining, with its private rooftop dining area with balcony, and an indoor vip lounge. Considered one of the best steakhouses in Saigon, Chill dining is led by internationally renowned Chef Dannet D’Souza. TheWagyu steak and Seafood Boat get good reviews as does the wine selection and vintage Champagne. Check out the weekly food promotions for a taste of their offerings.
A few complaints – they do have a dress code (no flip flops or shorts) so you may get looked up and down before entering, but visitors often find it not enforced. The seats with a view are sometimes reserved for customers who order a bottle, otherwise you may have to sit at the bar and have a much more obstructed view.
Hints & Warnings
- Try the passionfruit cocktail - vodka and ice cream can't go wrong
- The Sunset Menu comes highly recommended: for VND 495,000 you get a four-course sharing menu; must order it before 7 pm
- Head there during happy hour, between 5:30 and 8:00, when the drinks are 88K VND. Limited happy hour menu though, only beer is budweiser and only 5 cocktails available
- Reservations are highly recommended if you want to get a seat, otherwise it's standing room only and can get very crowded
- When happy hour is over, all cocktails cost 345K VND(about 20 USD) and you might be required to order more to be able to enjoy the views from outside
- The cover charge is 30k, waived if you order an entire bottle
- Staff often will tell you where you can and can't stand or take photos
- good music
- good wine list
- great cocktails
- happy hour
- outdoor seating
It’s a great place for
- blowing off some steam
- bringing a group of friends
- bringing an out-of-towner
- having a birthday
- having a blast
- having a party
- taking it all in
- taking a date
Places Similar to Chill SkyBar